A good air conditioning system is a must during hot weather, humid conditions in rainstorms, high pollution levels, or when properly defogging your windows. When something malfunctions, you can trust Kwik Kar of Norman to keep you cool.
We offer a special air conditioning performance check service to identify any leaks or mechanical problems. Regardless of vehicle manufacturer, our technicians are equipped to diagnose and repair your vehicle's air conditioning system.
Take advantage of our A/C service to maximize the output and efficiency of your air conditioning system.
Automotive Air Conditioning Service includes:
- Inspect system for leaks (hoses, couplings, valves, evaporator, etc.)
- Recover any old refrigerant
- Remove refrigerant and store in an environmentally safe storage and recycling unit
- Evacuate the system - minimum 30 minutes
- Inspect and adjust drive belt tension
- Clean condenser fins if needed
- Remove moisture which can cause a chemical reaction with the refrigerant resulting in corrosion, contamination and eventual system failure
- Test compressor operation
- Fill with proper O.E. amount of refrigerant (refrigerant extra)
- Pressure test and check for leaks
- Check output temperature
- Check proper operations of controls, blower motor and cooling fan (engine)
- Check antifreeze (engine coolant)
Kwik Kar recommends an air conditioning system inspection every 12,000 miles or 12 months.